View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 10:29 AM   #2077
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Talking Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Wished I had a helper when I was washing the truck yesterday LOL!

A few days ago I replaced my PCV valve. The one on the truck "seemed" okay, it rattled okay but I wondered about it. So I got a ACDelco Professional one. The one on my truck had a right angle on it, where as the ACDelco one is straight up (every part search shows this is the correct one). It definitely flows better when I blow air back and forth compared to the old one (I bought a elbow adapter so its not sticking straight up). Though the real test was driving around, way much better. The biggest difference is very low speeds, say under 25 MPH and you are barely giving any gas. Like you do (or should) when driving around a neighborhood full of kids running around. Before I'd have like a deadzone at this speed, like she didn't want to really go until I gave her more pedal.

After this, I did some vacuum hose rerouting. Bought a vacuum kit off Amazon with a ton of T-adapters of various sizes. I also cut the hoses so there isn't any extra flapping around. I think this helped too, since this was mainly the manifold to distributor advance line.

Now after letting all of that settle for about a week, I finally installed my divorced electronic choke. It mounts right where the OEM one goes, then has a sensor on the forward intake manifold bolt (for GND) and then I tied it to the Stop Solenoid power. Man, it is nice to watch that choke warm up and move the plate and hold it solid in place.

Oh, I also fixed a fuel pump oil leak, which I caused myself when I replaced my fuel pump a month or so ago. I did a crappy job by allowing the lower part of the gasket to fold onto itself at the bottom. Got to love re-doing stuff that you messed up yourself... but perhaps that is why two gaskets are sent with these pumps LOL!
PS: I was at Sonic last night and a fellow pull up in the next stall. He gets out, knocks on the passenger's window, scares the poo out of my daughter LOL. He asks, "do you mind if I take a photo of your Truck??". I say sure, I don't mind. Then he says, "Thanks, your truck is cherry!". That my friends made my day, heck even my week! Ha!
Attached Images

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim

Last edited by Rich72C10; 04-25-2021 at 11:41 AM.
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote