View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 02:30 PM   #591
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Ok, so i found out something... when you install lower door replacement panels on the cab, it is a good idea to test fit the doors before final weld up. Take it from me, this is very valuable to do, I am finding out the hard way. Just because you install the replacement panel in the same exact place, at the same "height" as original.... ya do not count on that. Do a test fit!
I tried and tried to get the doors to fit and nothing was working. Then after a few hours of saying a few words that required me to ask for some forgiveness... i discovered that if i just lower the rear panel i installed 3/16" of inch or so that "POOF" the door fits great! LOL So again, take it from me, do a test fit!! By the way, both are the same, one worse than the other.
With that said, The new re-pop doors look good, fit ok, but needed a bit of help on the door edge that is at the back of the Pass. door. It had a bit of a large gap that was easily fixed with 1/8" Tig Welding rod welded on and ground to fit, add a small amount to filler and looks great.
So now Pass. door is good and ready, now I need to work on the Drivers side. not near as off as the Pass. door, but just the adjustment to the lower door area on the cab replacement part and it will too be good.
So my "feels like never ending" cab repair, fix and get ready for sealer is still moving forward, but Damn WHAT A PAIN!! LOL Actually it has been a great learning experience. Hopefully someone can gain something good from my "learning experiences".
Pics coming....
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote