Thread: 1956 3100 build
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 07:21 PM   #88
my56chevytruck

Re: 1956 3100 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56 3100 View Post
hi my56chevytruck, do you have a pic of where your wiring comes through firewall? funny you mention firewall my body guy sent some pics yesterday of firewall in primer

i got bedwood sanded to 150grit.this week.
sorry, I haven't been on this site for a while. you asked about how I ran my wires, so I'll do my best to show you. The wiring to my engine, I do not have pictures but I ran the engine wiring under my console thru the hole I have in the floor for my shifter and then ran all the wiring under the engine and up. This I've done to several cars to keep the engine clean of wiring. I also covered all wires together with a 3/8" ID hose along the oil pan and engine block to keep the heat off them. As far as the wiring for front lights I ran them thru the firewall at the very top left behind my fuse block out into the engine compartment and down thru one of the slots I have along the inner fender. The inner fenders have 2 grooves in them, I made a template of the lower groove, cut out some sheet metal, secured the metal over the groove and slide the lighting wires along inside this groove. I hope my picture shows this, if not I'll take a few more to show.
Attached Images

my56chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote