View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 04:43 AM   #3
REDROCKER652002

Re: Front brake issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyPile View Post
With all due respect, you're assuming a lot without having even looked at the truck.. Wheel bearings don't just "BLOW".. It's a progressive failure accompanied by a progressively louder noise.. Lot's of warnings before total failure.. IF it's a bearing failure, and that's a big IF, the best case is no damage occurred to other parts.. A simple bearing/race replacement will fix it.. IF it's actually a bearing failure and the spindle is damaged, most likely, you'll find the hub is damaged also.. First on the list is to determine what's happened and WHY..

CPP makes a good dropped spindle.. I deal with Summit because they ship free on orders over $99 and they're just a little over 100 miles from me.. Two days at the most to get stuff from them..

https://www.summitracing.com/search/...ped%20spindles
I agree, I don't know what happened as of yet. I will check it out when I get home assuming my son has it apart and I can look. I have a feeling he might have tightened the castle nut too tight and burnt it up, thus breaking it apart, but again, you are right, I am just assuming.

Thank you for the input, I did look at Summit, and if he decides to go that route I will suggest it. Just looking for opinions on places to go should it need more than just a bearing. Worse case scenario we have to rebuild the whole thing, which would be expensive, but not a bad thing. At least then we will know what we have.
REDROCKER652002 is offline   Reply With Quote