View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 08:26 AM   #5
SCOTI

Re: question on rear shocks, after flip kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by malc1080 View Post
I didn’t want to start a new thread but I also have the same question regarding drop shocks and shock extenders. I purchased my western chassis flip kit and getting ready for a 4/6 drop on my 1980 c10. I see belltech offers the street performance shocks with different drop ratings but I see people say they still use shock extenders for the rear and front. Others say they use it only for OEM shocks and hear that KYB shocks are the best.. If that’s the case, I’ll be ordering the front and rear shocks extenders from western chassis but I like to hear what others are doing. I want the best shock ride and get a way from the c notch. Thanks!
Shocks won't have much impact on "getting away from a c-notch". You either need one or you don't. When doing a flip-kit, the number of leafs in the leaf spring pack is more of a determining factor.

Drop shocks can work if the valving is correct for the application.
Stock length shocks offer more travel which usually yields a better ride quality (the longer the shock & spring, the better the ride usually is). Relocation brackets are typically used to keep the shock geometry in check as well as restore some travel length when using a stock replacement shock.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote