View Single Post
Old 05-22-2021, 09:07 PM   #1
mismith

Cool Good Day at a Salvage Yard!

I had been networking and placing local ads for an original 64-66 Aluminum Grill and Bezels. Haven’t had Any hits or leads on one.

I knew most of the salvage yards around here have scrapped all the old stuff. The chances were slim to none at finding one in a junk yard in 2021 to say the least.

I got a tip about an old yard that might still have a couple trucks. I love old junk yards anyway so took a trip. The owner told me there were a few but he doubted one still had a Grill and much less an Aluminum one.

After about an hour of going through the maze of winding paths I found this! I couldn’t believe there was still one here and in almost perfect condition too. Just a couple slightly bent bars in the mesh and no tears or breaks.

I got the grill, the support and a perfect set of windshield stainless trim. I got it all for $170 and thought that was a deal. However a new friend and truck enthusiast here rained on my parade just a little.

The SS Trim I got was missing all 4 clips. In my mind I knew this trim was being reproduced with clips. I was thinking no big deal and I’ll order 4 repop clips, right? My new friend said I’m missing the most important pieces and nobody sells them

Please tell me this isn’t true. I don’t understand it? Can you not just buy the clips from the people who reproduce them for their set? Are they different than the originals?

Still no Headlight Bezels but I think I still did pretty good.
Attached Images

Last edited by mismith; 05-22-2021 at 09:13 PM.
mismith is offline   Reply With Quote