View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 12:00 PM   #8
truckin 79

Re: Iridium spark plugs anyone use

I put AC Delco copper plugs in about a 1 1/2 ago and the center electrodes are starting to round when I checked them last week. I am trying the iridium for the longer life plus they are supposed to burn hotter to get rid of deposits. I have Bosch platinum on my 79 Trans Am and have had those for several years now, mainly because Trans am can be a pain to change plugs. I was fine with standard plugs on Truck since they are easy to change but thought iridium would be one less thing to worry about in truck. My truck does need some going through but I use it as my junkyard parts hauler mainly. It passed emissions here in CO and air fuel gauge is staying in that 13.5-14.7 range while driving and generally runs smooth. The only thing that the truck does is start a little hard after short trips 15 minutes or so. I have to crank it a few times and pump the gas to get it to start. On longer trips 30-1hr it starts right up with a twist of the key and no gas pedal. I am still waiting for plugs to come in the mail and then install and see how truck runs