View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 06:49 PM   #163
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: Hard Starting Hot

The carb that I sent them, came to me looking from the outside very clean (I wasn't about to open it up, what would I know anyways if I did). It was actually a carb I got in a outfit from Chicago that sells rebuilt carbs. So I bought it for fairly good money and then didn't mind having it rebuilt again to have it perfect.

This is what they said about it when they got to it before the rebuild:
Quote:
Hi, we have disassembled and evaluated your 7042208 for your level 2 performance build for you 72 C10. Carb was clean, but had several calibration errors typical from a commercial remanufacturer as they try to make all carbs generic. We will correct the calibration specific for your build and replace all of the serviceable parts.
That is pretty much all they said, then a few weeks later it shows up. I had no idea when they worked on it that it would be expected (likely?) to idle when throttle was all the way off - that seems unnecessary. I use and intend to keep using, the anti-dieseling stop solenoid - I have told them this in the email and in my RMA.

When I reached out to them, I told them about my engine being rebuilt to stock with a mild RV Cam. I asked about getting them to do my carb, I told them I really wanted them to be sure the secondaries kicked and were adjusted properly. They told me I needed their "level 2 performance build" for that adjustment. Even if I thought that was a bit odd for that one adjustment, I did not argue the point. I don't mind paying proper money for proper work, ever. If I can't pay for something, well then I don't get the work done.

Not sure if I answered all your questions, I think I did. The carb showed up in their PO Box today... now more waiting I am sure.

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote