View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 06:35 PM   #21
SCOTI

Re: Sway bar on a 63 with a later model cross member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asshat View Post
Can’t use the existing 74 bar unless I weld on a 5” extension. I think the bar would be too close to the pitman arm and idler arm.
Only way to know is put the a-arm mounts in place. Put the frame rail bushings/mounts on the bar approximately where they would pivot when installed. Loosely attach the frame stands to the frame pivot bushings & jack the bar up into place until the frame stands make contact.

Check clearances so you're not 'guessing'. If anything makes contact before the frame stands contact the rail/s, you have your answer.

Buying an aftermarket set-up may be the easy button or it could lead to additional frustration if the bars 'arms' are not long enough. I know from experience searching various sway bar criteria, not all manufacturers offer the dimensions to help make an informed decision. They usually will just offer that "it's intended to work on 6X-8X year model" truck.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote