View Single Post
Old 06-20-2021, 06:23 PM   #614
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Still no engine noise. A change this drastic means having to redo almost everything. I've been pretty much tied to the lathe and mill. Made a new throttle cable bracket because I didn't like the one I modified to clear the progressive linkage. Also had to machine a fuel distribution block because no one makes what I needed. The throttle cable had to be shortened quite a bit and I'll have to build an adapter to go on the end of the aircraft cable.

Meanwhile, I was unable to remove the pins from the connectors as I'd planned. The slots for the pin tool were much smaller than the tools I have. So I soldered the wires and used shrink tubing for a nice tidy fix. With the split braided cover over the splices, you can't even tell it was done. Of course, the wires that go into the pigtail were reversed relative to the cam sensor plug. The brown/white wire is the signal wire and the middle wire is the ground, so the remaining one is for power. Layout is C B A instead of A B C. Or at least I hope so. The way my luck's been running, it will fry the sensor and the MSD box right before setting the car afire.

I did get a notice from FITech that the ECU, etc. are on their way back. Should be here on Tuesday. They reset everything to the factory defaults and tested the units, so they should be ready for some adventurous individual yet to be found. But it won't be me.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote