View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 04:10 PM   #13
Caddylackn

Re: 1972 Chevy C10 350 Charging issue, everything new

Attachment 2109501Why did you put in a new ignition hot wire with resistor if this is EFI and not points? I don't think this is related to the charging system but the voltage drop from the resistor in the key on ignition wire could effect the EFI computer.

I second testing a new battree, could be a bad cell. I always buy junkyard alternators instead of rebuilt alternators, it seems that the junkyard ones last longer than the junk rebuilds.

I did a factory HO alternator swap on my truck and used a double pulley from an older 70s ford alternator so I could use double belts to ensure no slippage at high draw. A lot of after market "high output" alternators actually put out less amps at idle then stock alternators but more amps at higher speeds, so with the stock size pulley and with a lot of accessories running (lights, wipers, stereo fans) you can be draining the battree at idle. A smaller pulley will fix that.
Attached Images