View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 03:39 PM   #194
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: Hard Starting Hot

Well, working with the vacuum canister is a right pain, starting with getting the hose off to connect to my vacuum pump. Then for my carb you bend the brackets - which seem to be made of titanium and don't want to bend much, if at all.
For the record, I haven't this issue at all with my carb that this one replaced. No extra turning of the key and only one pump of the pedal. Zoom, she will start.
My understanding is when the engine starts, the vacuum canister is suppose to open the choke plate. The plate starts closed before starting and after warming up it slowly opens. So at least I think I have my Electric Choke coil adjusted in the right area.

I just need to get some slack on the vacuum canisters bracket so it doesn't move the plate to soon and not as opened once full vacuum is applied. If only it would adjust without it feeling like I am about to snap something!

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote