View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 01:57 PM   #16
mr48chev

Re: 47-53 grill differences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickairbound1 View Post
So, what's the final word here on the grills? I need to replace my 49 Chevy COE grill. Will the standard 1/2 ton grill work on my COE?
If you look at the last date posted above yours this was an eight year dead thread before you found it.

I've never had any dealings with COE cabs or parts that go on them as they are rare in this area to begin with.

My guess is that the side frames may be different but the bars should be the same.

Each bar in the grill will only go in it's specific spot in the stack up and down and they will not interchange. They get progressively wider as they go down and if if you need the middle bar only a middle bar will fit in that spot.

I found that out in 1973 when I assembled a chrome grill for my 48 out of pieces of three or four grills. The old boys running the little back road wrecking yards in central Texas were pretty good to me on that as they sold me grills with one or two good bars that I needed real cheap.

I can measure the width and height of the big truck grill that I have out, I need to go around and get it and bring it around for my daughter's truck anyhow. She wants to build the 1-1/2 ton flatbed I have and the grill out back is pretty nice in comparison to the one in the truck.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote