View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 01:10 PM   #21
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Re: I bounced a check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
Although it varies by state, there are some weird laws about post dating checks. Technically it is not illegal, unless it can be proven that the intent was to deceive. Since this is not the case here, it's a non-issue. But, as Paul found out, neither the recipient nor the bank is obligated to honor that date. The "weird" part comes from the actual funds. If you do this with the required funds in the account, it's all good. If not however, it is actually fraud. In this instance, it was just a mistake and no one seems to care, but it's still not a good idea.
In this day and age though, you would think that banks could move a little faster? But, as noted, they don't care. If anything, they probably profit from the money being in limbo.
Couldn't you have just transferred the money at an ATM? Then even if the guy had deposited it the same day, the money would have been there, since banks account for all deposits before debits.

Speaking of...I was just in the bank I use the other day, but it was a different branch than normal. It did not have any tellers or even a teller line. All they have are the little cubicles for personal meetings. Everything else is done by this over-grown looking ATM. You can actually withdraw as much as 3k, right from the machine.

I just saw one of those yesterday. It has been at least a couple of years since I have seen one in the wild. It was that champagne color, whatever Ford calls it?
I do believe that the banks profit by being so slow. Why else? Why can I buy something online and instantly pay and Bank of America and Wells Fargo can't transfer the money instantly? I'm sure that they do it all the time.

I'll bet it's been a while since you saw one of these T Birds. It's been years since I've seen one myself. That's what I like about it. I like unusual cars. Something that you don't see everyday. I collect weird stuff. And it's comfortable. Not fast but not too slow either. It suits me. None of the new gadgets. Just a CD player. My only complaint is that for a large car it has no room. 2 seats and the trunk is a joke. The convertible top takes up a lot of the space. I won't be taking it to the supermarket anytime soon.

I can see why they didn't sell well. They are underpowered, debatable styling, and a hefty price tag when new.(19 years later and it still wasn't cheap) but it's only got 45K on the odometer. Always garaged. It's like new.

My Corvette's are still better.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote