View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 10:37 PM   #1
HeloCrewChief

Part, sell, or build?

I’m struggling with what direction to go in. I ended up buying two trucks that were about 20 minutes from my house. Last thing I needed but, since they were so close I had to stop and take a look. Of course when you have this addiction, they end up following you home. My initial thoughts were the 72’ is way too rough to save even though it’s a Cheyenne super.The entire inside of the bed is rotted out along with the roof in areas and all the typical lower portions, hood etc. It has tilt column, nice wheel, full interior and the original big block that is complete and unmolested. I could take the entire chassis and drivetrain and put my restored 72’ cab on it and part out the rest. The black 70’ I was initially thinking is too unique of a truck to not try and save. It’s a factory black on red interior truck with the original big block still in it. The truck is all original. However, it has rust in the floors, rockers, cab corners, doors, and cowl corners. Bed and roof are in good shape. I was thinking I would try and save this one for a future project but, now I noticed the area below the rear window is crunchy and the firewall corners are rusted. Should this truck be saved, parted or sold to someone with more ambition to save it than I have for it? I have a 72’ blazer I’m finishing up this year, a 72 cab that is painted and ready for build, a buddys 70 c10 that I’m converting to 4wd and a 72 k20 suburban coming home with me soon as well. I hate parting trucks out but, I’m starting to feel like these are too far gone.
Attached Images

1968 Chevelle
1964 Comet Caliente
1990 W250 Cummins
HeloCrewChief is offline   Reply With Quote