View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 02:40 AM   #39
Low Elco

Re: I bounced a check.

Soooo.... I had a car with a big stereo in it and it got ripped off one night while I was at work. Got a pretty healthy check for it, and remembered I had always wanted a streetbike. So, I deposit a State Farm check, I find a bike (82 GS1100E, wish I had it back.) I buy it, I write a check, Wife is PO'd, no problem, right?
I'm working graveyard at this point. Few days go by, about 10 AM I get awakened by a call from a "lady" at the bank informing me that I had written a large bad check and I was in a great deal of trouble, all in the snottiest tone I've ever heard. "Really? I deposited way more than that last week." "Do you have a deposit slip?" "You know, I think I do." "Really, what's the number?" I find it and read it off to her, she snottily says she'll be looking into this and she'll get back to me.
An hour later, I get A VERY apologetic call that she'd looked into it, and the deposit had been miskeyed, and the mistake was being taken care of and all the charges were being reversed. Hmm. I don't think my reply was the meek OK she expected. Had she only been polite when waking me up in the first place... I stopped doing business there shortly after that.
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote