Old 08-03-2021, 04:53 PM   #230
theastronaut

Re: 1966 F100 Short Bed Styleside Metal/Body/Paint Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
nice job on the pedals..!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
x2. Killer problem solving going on right there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
I don't know why I keep coming back and viewing this thread when all it does is make me feel inadequate.

Super work and that truck is going to be fantastic when completed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
You better keep that sh!t to yourself or your boat will be overcrowded w/the rest of us before you know it....
I appreciate the comments!

The owner decided to do away with the stock column and column mount and use an Ididit column instead. I cut out the original opening and welded in a smooth panel to prep it for the new mount.

I made a doubler panel for the clutch M/C to sandwich to stiffen the firewall and prevent flexing from the added pressure. I just freehanded the beads so it's not the best looking but it's functional. The Pullmax came with beading dies but they wouldn't work to make intersecting beads without flatting the first bead at the intersection point. I carved out a new lower die to match the original, but with a relief to clear the first bead.

Welded up some random holes, and smoothed/straightened the 90* edge across the firewall.

The clutch switch needed a mount, so I used 16g with slots cut for it to clip into.

16g wasn't quite thick enough for it to clip in tightly, so I dimpled the slots to tighten the fit. There are curled plastic tabs to tension the tabs against the slots.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote