View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 03:07 PM   #268
6DoF

Re: Project: Tow-Rat (Lil' Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyLikeaBurger View Post
Did the delivery guy toss it on its side at your door? My delivery guy always looks pissed if it the box weighs more than 20lbs. If its over 20, its almost always got a hole in the side, like they were pissed they had to unload it and walk the 30 feet to my gate. And just drop it on the ground.
actually, the box was in the best shape of most any recent shippment! but my usual UPS guy was here yesterday and said his fill-in for a few days was really complaining about having to show up with it 2x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Very nice! Try not to slip it a lot since you went full ceramic. She'll get jumpy and jar your teeth out of your head. My only complaint about a dual disc is they actually slow down the shifting process if you are trying to drive fast, but yet necessary if you have the powa.
oh man, i love my ceramic pucks! both the crawler and the street-rod jeep's have em. on the street it's 2 options, super easy or lots of go, that middle range is where it's annoying. offroad though i can keep the R's way down and slip here and there for control without generating anywhere near the heat i used to with a standard clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnin oil View Post
I love the progress on your project.. I keep coming back and checking for updates every day or two.

It's funny to me that they can't build a clutch to hold torque in a gasser and go straight to the dual disc. On the diesel side of the house I have a 12v cummins pushing 750hp running a single that never slipped and shifted like butter. The work truck does have a dual disc but hauls alot of heavy loads. It shifts way slower but also never slips.. Both are G56 transmissions. Nothing but good things to day about South Bend Clutches.
this is a Valair clutch, from my research everyone said just buy the SB or Valair that was on sale that day. i found a deal on this and jumped.

sorry for the slow progress, i've just been out there welding! weld, let it all cool, weld more, let it all cool again, etc. i'm really jumping around trying to keep from warping anything!
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote