View Single Post
Old 08-13-2021, 11:00 AM   #680
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Y View Post
Following on from my what is required in a daily driver thread, internal noise/sound deadening is a big one for me so will be interested to hear what you think of the Kilmat substitute.

Interested that you are covering all surfaces, the little research I did seems to illustrate that there are two schools of though - one is to cover everything, the other is just to put the material in the middle of the panel.

Would be interested to hear others thoughts on the subject.

P.
So Paul, i have used this substitute in my 1969 C10, covered everything and it works great. Please know that i am not saying anything bad or against Kilmat or any other name brand. I have used Kilmat and another big name brand and both are great products, i just got a killer deal on this other one, i basically was given the option of two for one deal and jumped on it.

I have read, discussed and understand both sides of the road, cover everything or not. I honestly myself prefer everything covered. it helps with sound, heat and to me just makes for a better sound environment if you ask me. Again, this is only my opinion and experience. I do not think either way is right or wrong honestly.

I would say if you are a big sound person, not necessarily "loud" but high quality, buy that, high quality equipment. (Disclaimer... LOL as i say that i have the cheaper version of the sound deadener BUT i have had it for over a year, tried it previously and like it, so I am using it for that reason.)
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote