View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 01:15 AM   #1
Missyblue

Advice...steering column linkage, shifting linkage, shocks and brake switch

Forgive me the long post. Processing too many things haha
1. Shifting linkage
We just got the lokar shifting linkage mocked up to my 4l80e. See photo. All the gears seem to shift fine. Any reason to wait to loctite the threads and final set till after we get moving? Or good to go?

2. Column u joint......same question if seems to move fine seal it up or wait?

I know a big part of this build has been putting things.together multiple times haha but once I put radiator and fenders soon to start wiring these parts will be soooooo hard to get to to final set haha

3. Using a universal brake pedal mounted under the dash and to the firewall.as pictured.....what's everyone using for a brake switch? I am using a tbi 350 with computer from a 90s van.

4. Rear shocks.....we have a square tube to mount them to but realised with the original mount on the axle we only have maybe 12 inches from lower to where we could put upper mount if straight up and down. Or possibly 16 inches if we cut axle kount and weld for and angle......curious what everyone does for aftermarket shock placement? Mine didnt come with shocks or upper mounts I could find so curious

And so excited we finally have brakes!! After much leaking and problem solving haha

Thank you!!
Attached Images

Missyblue is offline   Reply With Quote