View Single Post
Old 08-22-2021, 12:35 PM   #276
Paul Y

Re: The English are coming! Or..another C10 in the Motherland.

Had an hour today whilst I dodged the rain and endeavoured to cut the grass. So, whilst sheltering from the downpours I took this...

Added the compression fittings and ended up here...

where it has become apparent that the braided hoses are slightly too long. Oh sausages... might be able to reroute them and take a little of the tension out but will revise that once I have the final position for the tank locked in.

Time to turn my attention to this.

For those not in the know this is a 2005 LM7 out of a 2005 Silverado, purchased with a reported 89K under its belt, a factory race engine prime for a little forced induction...

I had previously 'thrown' the sump, pick up and windage tray from a CTS-V on there as the truck sump hangs down below the crossmember on a C10. PLUS this sump set up has better oil control as I do intend to hoon Woody around once he is back up and running.

Why take the sump back off then? Two reasons.

1. I wanted to fit this little doo hicky - a brace for the pick up tube as standard the oil pump is drilled for two but only gets one. Might be nothing, might be something but it is cheap insurance

Sorry, no picture of it fitted, I forgot.

2. A friend has offered to weld in the turbo return oil bung if I get the sump over to him tomorrow and, as it is not contaminated with oil as yet, seemed like an offer I couldn't turn down.

Whilst there I thought Would remind myself on the condition of the engine which is remarkably good and hold up to the theory that it is a 89K engine with regular oil changes.

The cross hatching is still evident on the cylinder walls as well.

PLUS! this looks as if it is a Gen3/4 crossover engine with the better rods so even more reason to intro the Whirly Boi.

And finally...

Finally took what is probably the must useless tool in my box out of its wrapper for the very first time. I have no idea why I am in possession of a lb-in torque wrench but today I used it to correctly tighten the pick up tube bolts to 8.8lbft or 106 lb-in.

And that brings you up to date. Going to set another 6 week target for myself starting over the bank holiday weekend so that when my mysterious benefactor sends me a T56 I am ready to go...

Yea Right....

Anyway, until the next time...

Onwards!

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote