View Single Post
Old 08-23-2021, 03:01 PM   #17
theastronaut

Re: 1966 F100 Short Bed Styleside Metal/Body/Paint Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
Man............. this interior looks so sanitary. No way was it close to this smooth and clean brand new from the factory. This truck is turning out fantastic.

Well done sir

Marc
Thanks Marc!

I pulled the column to finish up the filler panels.

While the pedal assembly was out I found a spot to mount the clutch safety switch. Had to carve out a spot for the stem to make enough clearance, so I used a 1/2" round carbide burr to make the face of the cut concave, that way the convex face of the stem will always center itself on the pedal arm.

Forgot to take pics, but I chopped the clutch pedal pad off and raised it up to match the height of the brake pedal pad. Also slightly tweaked the brake pedal pad to get it inline with the clutch pad.

I ordered cowl bottoms a few weeks ago but UPS sent an email about the address being wrong, so delivery was delayed until last week. They're very nicely made, probably the best fitting patch panels I've used.

Trimmed, shipping primer stripped, two coats of epoxy applied, and welded on.

The cavity is accessible so I brushed on a couple of coats over the welds and soaked the seams to let epoxy wick in and seal up the spot welds.

I made a panel to mount the fuse box so there would be no fasteners through the firewall.

Also deleted the original pressed-in wiper motor mounting boss- welded up the holes and welded a nut between a couple of fender washers to make a new mounting pad for the wiper motor. The accelerator pedal mount got welded in permanently after confirming that the location fits the owner.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote