View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 06:32 AM   #279
Paul Y

Re: The English are coming! Or..another C10 in the Motherland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarkha1 View Post
Great progress on the rolling chassis.
I was in the same boat re. how far to go with the cab paint but decided to blast the shell and epoxy prime and go from there. (not done yet)
I found a place in Wiltshire that will do the cab inside and out and apply 2k epoxy to protect it. Prior projects I have wire wheeled and scraped away for weeks but always regretted not going back to steel.

That LS you have looks very tidy inside - I bought a used core sight unseen and it was immaculate inside - apart from a bad lifter that got swapped out - hope you get a good couple of days on it next week...
Having built cars with £5-10K paint jobs I won't be doing that again! Woody will stay with his original battle scared paint, I do however like to have a smart engine bay so will blast the fire wall once Grizz has finished with my blaster.

The challenge comes with where do you stop... IF I paint the interior then do I blast it. If I am going to blast it do I take the windows out. If I take the windows out.... and so the snowball grows....

Fully expecting to change out some lifters and trays once I have the engine fired up but, hopefully I can put that off until I have a few miles under my belt. PLUS! I have the damn Christmas tree to pick up in Woody that has now become pretty much the only thing my daughter talks about....

Will wonder over and have a look at your build.

Thanks!

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote