View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 12:24 PM   #689
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

So I am working on another build, different all together, but still will be built on the same color idea as the truck, Red & Black. With that said, it is made of metal and poly plastics. With that said, i was thinking powder coating parts on it, but the tolerances on this other project must be alot tighter and well Poly will not work with powder coat or at least not easily. So i started to look at what is used on parts of my other project to change the color and found they use Cerakote, so i researched doing this and found that i have everything needed to do it minus the actual paint/Cerakote, well at least until yesterday when my Black and Red Cerakote showed up. So i will give it a try and see what happens. Why i am post this here is that if all goes well, i could then Cerakote parts for the truck that are not conductive metal parts or require much tighter tolerances or very extreme heat. Cerakote will take extreme heat (special formula) and so that gives me more ideas not to try... lol oh goody, here i go... LOL the mind is at work again....
Cerakote is a Ceramic based coating that is mixed with a specific catalyst and then sprayed onto the part with spray gun and then baked in an oven at a certain temp for a certain amount of time.
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote