View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 01:20 AM   #1
mr48chev

Re: Post your C/L finds for everyone to enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintovka View Post
Right on Starter. My AD's original "hydromantic" tranny quit and got replaced with a 3 speed set up in 1970!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Been so long forgot all about it.
Maybe why they yanked motor to replace flywheel?
They replaced the ring gear and the starter drive was probably chewed up too.

My go to starter guy closed his shop in Yakima because his son wasn't capable of running it and he was way beyond retirement age himself. He even PM'd me on the Hamb asking if I knew of anyone who might be interested in buying the business. I had sent him a fair amount of business over the years by telling folks to contact him and ship their starter or generator him.

Still I have to question why someone with a truck that nice would not fix the starter and have the truck in start, run and drive condition. I full and well understand the sick and tired of fooling with it thing. Plus I can understand the tired of putting money in it but for 200 or less it is a full asking price truck and without, one can expect low ball offers that are way low.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote