View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 12:55 PM   #7
mr48chev

Re: Post your C/L finds for everyone to enjoy!

To be honest, if I had the cash and a decent place to work on it, I'd seriously be thinking about going after that one.

I'm just amazed that so many people post adds for rigs for serous money that may actually be worth said money and don't take the time to clean the trash and junk out of the rig, don't take the time and effort to drag it out of the weeds into a clear uncluttered spot or pick up and move the clutter and junk out of the area the photo is taken and actually present the rig at it's best.

20 years ago I bought my 21 ft Sailboat on Ebay for 252.50 after one guy bid me up simply because the seller had posted three very poor quality photos of it in the Ebay add and had a rather poorly written add. The outboard motor was and still is worth more than I paid for the boat. The 27 ft tall aluminum mast was worth several hundred and still is. I could honestly sell the mast for more by it's self than I want for the boat.

I'd have to liken some of these adds to going to a restaurant where the cook just slaps the food on the plate how ever it lands there rather than presenting the food on the plate.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote