View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 02:56 PM   #217
ChevyGuyNC

Re: Hard Starting Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich72C10 View Post
A bit of a update. I was reading another thread where someone recommended Cliffs High Performance Quadrajets. What a super nice fellow and seems to be crazy smart / knowledgeable about Qjets and SBC! I have gotten more information out of Cliff in a few emails then I got from Mark/Quadrajet Power in nearly a year. He also gets "repaired" Quadrajet Power carbs that Mark has messed up, so I am not the only one it seems.

Direct Quote from Cliff after he asked a bunch of question about my engine:

After telling him that I got my Rochester Quadrajet 7042208 from USA Carburetors he told me this:

This is what he told me about Quadrajet Power / Mark:

After all this is still thinks he can get my Rochester Quadrajet 7042208 running properly but does think I should just start over (because it came from USA Carburetors but I don't know where to find a good 7042208 core). Heck his cost is only like 1/3 of what Quadrajet Power charged me and 5 months faster to get to it too. I wished I'd find this guy before even starting the rebuild of my SBC 350!

So I am going to give this a try .... like I told him, in for a penny, in for a pound LOL

Edit: though it seems the piston installed look like the ones that came out of my engine.
Hey Rich, I found Cliff too, and you're right, he really knows QJets and SBC's. I actually called him and we spoke for about 45 mins, and I decided to get his kit and do the rebuild myself... Haven't done it yet, but plan to, and knowing he's a quick email or call away made it a good choice.

Good luck with yours, I'm sure Cliff will do it right.