View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 09:58 AM   #30
Grumpy old man

Re: What would you do ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipps View Post
At some point, you got to decide whether it's worth it. The only item of monetary value involved is the trees.

Were those trees ones that you would have cut down anyway to develop your lot? Are they really worth anything as saw logs? Here in Virginia, the logs(oak) are usually just stacked to the side for the next woodchuck guy who comes along looking for cheap firewood. It's seldom worth hauling a single load of saw logs into the mill.

If you're intending to sell the lot, just move the chickens to his lot, hire a guy with a skid steer to tidy everything up a bit, remove the gate and sell it to a local farmer, then list the lot with a local real estate agent.
The value of the trees was aesthetics live healthy trees for the buyer of the land to decide what they want to do with them , So you want me to hire a bobcat crew to clean up the mess and deliver the chickens and coop to him ? Maybe I should run up to Walmart and get him a nice lounge chair and some beer so he can be comfortable while we take care of the problem for him ? Not many farmers around here have purple gates and a couple new ones are about $300.00 and I have to remove and re install what I already had before this guy came along . Nahh ! I think it's already past time for the Sheriff to get involved , He had a chance to make things right and he said he didn't have time . Now he will have to make the time .

Time to go back to being Grumpy old man , Being mr nice guy isn't working !.

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote