View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 01:56 PM   #309
Paul Y

Re: The English are coming! Or..another C10 in the Motherland.

Too paint, or not too paint. That is the question.....

The weekend didn't go as according to plan as I would have wanted.

Was due at Goodwood today, Sunday, but due to his father in law being taken ill and being admitted to hospital, my partner in crime had to call off at short notice. Could have gone and taken one of my boys but they were all busy so decided to let the tickets go to one of Mark's friends and contented myself with watching the racing on the live stream.

Plus I needed the rest - work is pretty much flat out at the moment - in addition to doing the fund raising dog and pony show which is mentally rather taxing.

However guilt got the better of me after a few hours so went out to the shed and started actually looking at the firewall to gauge how much work and prep I will need to do.

Current state of play.

Initially I thought I was going to bare metal the firewall back to the rubber lip you can see at teh top of the pictures but after a few minutes spent sitting on the milk crate of contemplation (tm) I decided to get out an old bottle of Polarshine....

Before....

After....

Think that has actually made my mind up to just bare metal and paint to the first raised lip and clean and lacquer the rest of it. Has survived 55 years so far so think it will survive a few more.

PLUS!!!

I get to keep this, which you could not replace.

Expect some rather boring shots of me stripping and bare metalling in the not too distant future as I take a step closer to operation.... Christmas Tree.

Until the next time.

ONWARDS!!

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote