View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 08:08 PM   #24
82c10gcl

Re: attaching lower door carpet panels

So i’m still at it. Nothing is easy or quick. I bought the new dashpad in black and I’m having it dyed by someone who know what they are doing. I also got my kickpanels in black but took them on myself. After seeing TKCR’s samples of the different blues (thanks again) I did go with 72 Slate Blue. Got the dye from USA 1 and took the good advice from everyone to prep the panels properly. Actually, panel, because the passenger’s side panel has been on backorder for about 3 months. Hopefully it will be here in a few more weeks. Anyway, here’s the driver’s side panel c/w the new kick carpet that started all this.. Looks pretty good for a rookie. I tried to install it today but i’m having trouble getting the old one out. Anybody know if I definitely have to remove the parking brake assembly to do this or is it a matter or wrangling it around with a ton of patience? I got all the screws out and it’s loose but I can’t get the vent surround to clear the hole it sits in.

Dash should be here in a few weeks. Hopefully it will go in smoothly and i’ll Post a few pictures.
Attached Images

82c10gcl is offline   Reply With Quote