View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 10:28 AM   #41
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Bad decisions or twisted logic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipps View Post
I've never seen any issue with spoiled dairy products here. Our milk and yogurt is all directly from the farm bulk tank. No pasteurization, nothing. The cheese I eat is all purchased in five-pound blocks. Mozzarella, Cheddar, and Farmer's Cheese are my favorites. If it molds, I cut off the molded area, and eat the rest. If milk sits around too long, it sours, and is not as appealing anymore. But that's mostly because I don't like sour milk.

Further, I've been playing around with different methods of raising calves. If I let the milk bottles develop a layer of white yogurt inside, I can forego any cleaning of the bottles without negative health effects on the calves. It seems like the naturally-occurring yogurt cultures keep the bad bacteria away altogether.

A lot of the danger of spoiled dairy products appears to be an issue only with pasteurized stuff. The unpasteurized milk products sour in a relatively harmless manner. I'm not convinced that pasteurization is as much of a public-health benefit as we've always been told.

If the milk sours make cookies out of it. They are really good.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote