View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 09:33 PM   #33
kev2809
low n' slo

Re: Easy way to remove motor and trans from donor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS short box View Post
What a bummer. Was the truck in a flood? That's a lot of water. I suspect it can be saved but it will need to be a complete tear down and rebuild. Need to check for cracks in the cylinders and heads. I would pull the pan on the trans.
Still a bummer but you can build it back better. Lots of used stuff over on LS1tech.com.
I had something similar happen to me. Bought a "low mileage" (40,000) LS1 engine and 4L60E trans many years ago. Pulled the pan and front cover to just check stuff. Shiny chunks in the pan and a very loose timing chain. Took it to engine shop and it wasn't pretty. More like 240,000 miles. Put in good rods and pistons. New bearings. Small cam. The block and heads were sound. Heads got a slight port job along with a valve job. Its been in my 98 Wrangler for 13 years. It runs great.
well the clock on this one was about 230k. supposedly was a mechanics truck but damn lol I got it from my buddy's auction he's a wrecker driver and pulled it in and the guy never got it. that's why I figured everything was good with it. I bought it last November and brought it home...only cranked it like twice the whole time it was here before pulling it in the driveway last week to pull it.

I'm going pull the heads tomorrow and see what I can find. guess it's hard to tell with out the heads pulled and oil pan off. I'm hoping it's just a blown head gasket.

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote