View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 03:13 PM   #4
R&B51

Re: Under seat wiring, your pics and plans/layout

mr48chev-
Thanks, you are right about limited fold forward options.
Your post reminded me of that critical part of the plan that I had kind of forgotten about - I was so focused on the electrical part right now.
I had not figured out exactly what was going to happen with the seat yet. I’ve got to figure out what kind of shield or cosmetic base to make/ install that does not interfere with getting the seat out of the way.
Might be nice if it was partially removable maybe at least on the ends.
This might sound a little crazy but I had been looking at other peoples fabbed up seat support and I wondered if I could even just use a sliding square tube design where the seat tubes extending downward from the seat frame were bigger than the pedestals coming off the floor and put solid pins through there like the ones you use to keep a trailer receiver in.
I am not sure if it would work to fold the seats backs slightly forward and then just get some help and lift the whole thing out on the rare occasions I needed to work under the seat?
I was hoping that I could just use the stock manual sliding hardware on top of whatever base are used to attach to the floor.
I need to drive around to some of the salvage yards in town, I did a little bit of an Internet search and really was having some trouble just finding a decent seat frame. Probably would go ahead and use fresh foam and start up from there so it does not have to have nice upholstery on it.
That said, I am kind of poor about my ability to do searches for other builds on this site. I know I had seen some good work done by others of their electronics under the seat. Hoping to check on those as I know that on my own I usually forget some cool angle on getting that done as with everything else.
R&B51 is offline   Reply With Quote