View Single Post
Old 10-09-2021, 09:35 AM   #41
burnin oil

Re: 1970 L47 400 BB Torque and HP chart

I bet a stock qjet would work on a 454 without tweaking. I recently needed a qjet for a 305HO motor. I walked out to the barn and grabbed one off the shelf and threw it on the truck. Thing had been sitting for years but fired right up and ran like a top once the fuel bowl refilled. That carb was off either a 350 or 400sb. Only thing I tweaked was the idle mix. 2 days later it was hauling 6k pound loads of gravel. No low throttle or WOT problems at all. Only thing it needs is an adjustment to the air door opening. Its a little slow transitioning with a heavy load. I am sure the calibration isn't perfect but the fueling is pretty close. If you think about it the fuel curve is dictated by power output more than engine size in a stockish application. Higher rpm motors will differ due to cam duration and fuel curve from low vacuum. Not saying it's optimal but I am betting that it's in the ball park. After all the potential air flow is fixed and all you are doing is adding a little more or less fuel. Just my thought.
burnin oil is offline   Reply With Quote