View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 02:54 PM   #46
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Re: The penalty is “mandatory revocation of license” for at least a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysnickers View Post
Having been in that business for a long time, it all came to a screeching halt with the advent of body cameras. All discretion was removed when those came about. Big brother was looking at all our videos, so all of us in the field realized there were going to be consequences if we did something that wasn't in the "letter of the law." It came down to this, either make the enforcement stop/contact (write the ticket or make the arrest) or don't do one at all, just pass it by. Sad but true.
I totally get that. I had the same thing when I disconnected electricity for non payment. I used to cut them some slack. Once I was hooked into the computer system the company knew exactly where I was and what order I was working. And the policy was "No breaks, you are there to cut the lights" Do it.

Easier said than done. I still gave some people breaks. If they looked like they were truly having a rough time and not just trying to BS me. Things like women with kids whose husband took off and took the paycheck with him. Let the company say what they will to me. I didn't have the heart to do it.
I'm sure with you being in law enforcement you know how to read people.

Some jobs teach you how to know when someone is telling you a lie.

Women in bars seem to know this. At least they always did when I was trying to pick them up.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote