Thread: 55.2-59 1958 Saab story
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 02:46 PM   #160
gottattooz

Re: 1958 Saab story

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
from experience, be real careful with those thin zip discs, or any zip disc for that matter. I have some shards still embedded in my hand from having one blow up on me. I have had several mishaps with disc disintegration and have the scars to prove it. a buddy of mine had one blow apart and severed his brachial artery (in the arm). if he wasn't a medic in a previous job he wouldn't have known what to do and would have bled out before the ambulance arrived. I try to use the metal cutting blades from lennox now. they stay together, last quite a while and don't get smaller as they wear out. lennox metal max. for the recip I try to find the ones I used to use as a firefighter doing vehicle extrication cutting the cars apart to get victims out after a car wreck. they were hilti or lennox fire and rescue blades. that with a spray bottle of water/dish soap mix to cool the blade and also help lubricate. Diablo carbide-tipped metal cutting reciprocating blade is a winner too, especially for the advanced steel used in newer cars, boron etc.
Way ahead of you. Those fiber discs bounce off the face shield all the time. It sucks wearing a welding jacket when it's hot out, but it's better than getting stitches.

-Josh
Attached Images

2017 Suzuki M109R
gottattooz is offline   Reply With Quote