View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 03:11 PM   #19
67C10Step

Re: Well, thanks to you guys I did it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
I placed an order for the Boyd tank with Aeromotive pump. I'm rebuilding an L31 Vortec engine that isn't machined for a mechanical fuel pump. I thought an in-tank pump would be the cleanest and quietest way to go. I ordered that line kit from sstubes. It arrived yesterday. I'm going to use Russell 611250 fittings to attach AN hose to the ends of the hard lines. I will install a bypass pressure regulator up at the front to utilize the return line.

I was confused about which ends of the fuel lines go at the tank end, so I called sstubes and managed to get the guy on the phone who designed this kit. He said the small L shaped lines go to the tank. Is that how you installed yours?
Hmmm, actually no. Guess I put mine in backwards but it all seemed to fit pretty well. I got some Dorman tube to hose adapters that snapped right onto the hard line and let me attach the short section of hose you see in my photo. Guess I should have tried the puzzle a few more times before pulling the trigger.

If you are building an engine that will require an electric pump I don't think you are going about it wrong at all. I think you will be very pleased overall putting the money and effort in now.
2024 Toyota Tundra
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote