View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 11:06 PM   #21
Sheepdip

Re: Moving Recommendations "Red State"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Since 2013 when the wife and I moved here to this red state of Idaho there has been right at 250,000 adults move to this state and 200,000 of them came to get in a red state like you are talking about .

We have 4 seasons and like a lot of states fun places to camp and sight see
Our home is 3 times more value that when we came in Nov 2012 ..Our state tax is .06 % ..And homes are going up like weeds..

, People are selling out in California and Oregon where the most come from and living in their travel trailers for months waiting for a house to out bid the other guy to get ,,or a new one built. This year we had many days over 100 degrees .. first year like that since we came ,,we hope for a good snow this year...

Our streets are overwhelmed with traffic and lots of fender bending going on.. the city has built quite a few round a bouts to move the traffic along ..

We still like it here and not moving .. being retired allows us to get on the streets when there are not so much traffic
I passed thru Boise, Nampa and Caldwell in August traveling from Montana to Oregon, I thought I was on the 405 in Los Angeles.
Sheepdip is online now   Reply With Quote