View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 08:57 AM   #116
ChevyGuyNC

Re: Timing & Gas Milage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich72C10 View Post
BTW @ChevyGuyNC - Cliff told me in a phone conversation that the 72 Qjet Carb is one of the worse, if not the worse Qjet. That was when all the pollution control was hitting GM/others. So not sure what Cliff's kit allows you to do but he did all kinds of stuff to my 72 Carb (said he made it into a 67~68 Qjet).

I mention that as you list your truck as a 72, so we seem to be nearly Twinkies!
Yeah, he told me that too... we talked for a while. Wishing I'd just asked him to rebuild mine, but he had said he was semi retired and doing less so I didn't push it. He also said that since mine has most likely never been 'rebuilt' by someone before there shouldn't be any of the typical bad 'fixes' in there.

He also said my stock 350 is better than a rebuilt one, same as he told you for reasons of gasket thickness and 'quench' whatever that is. And don't get him started on double roller timing chains, lol!

Yep, a pair of two tone long beds! If I make it to Waxahatchie next year maybe I can tempt you into a road trip.