View Single Post
Old 10-30-2021, 12:21 AM   #9
nsb29

Re: Broke down in Southern Cal

I went through a couple of bushings I also had another yoke turn down had the drive shaft check for the balance everything seemed fine but by the time I got to Southern California 2500 mi. I had picked up the vibration again so I called Denys drivelines he told me the 400 yoke does not fit the output shaft Tight enough were there original three finger flange was machined for almost a press fit told me there was an adapter that could be bolted to the three finger flange The problem I had was there is a pilot shaft on the end of the output shaft that centers this adapter but using the bolt on yoke I had to cut that pilot shaft off so that was not an option for me so therefore my only choice was to go to a truck output shaft and housing that way I could use a normal 400 slip yoke and driveshaft and get away from having the slip in the drive shaft He also told me the eight years ago a lot of people used the 400 bolt on yoke but everybody was having problems with it I just discovered the problem because it took me eight years to get the truck on the road LMAO 🤣 in the long run I think changing it over to a truck set up is the best thing to do if you have any other questions give me a holler