View Single Post
Old 11-05-2021, 10:26 AM   #7
TKCR

Re: BUCKET SEATS in a 1984 ??

Its because the track themselves do not bolt to the seat frame. There are other brackets that bolt to the seat frame, and then the tracks bolt to those. If you look at the bottom of my seat, the one that has the bench seat tracks. There are other brackets, one of them is broken, that's why the one track is swung out of position. I have all those brackets circled in the photo, they are out to my buddies getting welded back together.
And then the last photo is the passenger seat, which is stationary. It will not tilt forward like the blazer seat. The seat themselves are actually the same. The differences are the mounts and tracks. The blazers use the riser style tacks, because of the flat floor of the Blazer cab floor. The seat, if they go into a truck, will have to use all the tracks that fit the trucks, like the BenchSeat. But they also have other brackets that make the tracks fit the seat. Its confusing, I know. It has taken me awhile to figure all this out, along with some help from other board members.
Attached Images

Last edited by TKCR; 11-05-2021 at 10:37 AM.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote