View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 04:01 AM   #31
Asshat

Re: 60-66 Tail Light Gas Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT65 View Post
If you look at the filler in my picture, you will see it is outside the stake pocket and inside the fender…had to do some re-directing of the tube on the filler, the GTO filler was all stainless so no worries about rust…I used a 90 degree bend fuel hose to match size with the filler, then a straight piece across to close to the frame, then a short piece of filler hose to attach to the tank…the is a vent off the tank 3/8, that is up to the same elevation as the filler neck behind the light, it is capped with a inline fuel filter so it can breathe yet nothing can get in animal wise. If you notice, the filler has a spring loaded flapper that the gas nozzle goes through, with that and the fuel cell foam piece there is no worries of sloshing out, and no more odorus than the ones from the factory….
I thought the filler neck in your setup looked like it was off to the side. How did you secure it the the bed?

I’m wondering how I will get a fill nozzle in there. The ones in California are pretty big.
Attached Images

Last edited by Asshat; 11-11-2021 at 04:06 AM.
Asshat is offline   Reply With Quote