View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 11:22 AM   #2572
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Got a new air filter, while I wanted a K&N I was able to get this Spectre air filter from O'Riley's and insure it fit okay on my Qjet. Reviews are mixed and I could have gotten it a lot cheaper online but I don't mind being able to support my local O'Riley's store.

I also had an annoying mismatched back bumper bolt, it had a slightly different shape head and then it wasn't chrome and rusting. I ended up just getting a 4-pack of bumper chrome bolts. None of the ones I took off had lock washers. Now I don't have to look at that ugly rusty mismatched bolt! Nice and all shinny now :-)

I tell you what, the fun factor on driving my truck has increased immensely in the last few weeks. With the newly rebuilt carb, new Progression Ignition, moving the throttle cable's pivot point (on carburetor bracket), and my new filter I can just about take off sideways! It is very satisfying working on the truck and seeing, hearing, feeling positive results.
Attached Images

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote