Thread: 55.2-59 59 GMC 270-336 swap.
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2021, 06:08 PM   #8
dsraven

Re: 59 GMC 270-336 swap.

here's my 2 cents.
daily driver, long haul driver, driven by/with wife or family or often driven truck-swap in an injected LS engine with the proper exhaust system (catalytic converter). they start easy, don't get finicky when it's cold, don't stink up the atmosphere around the truck no choke to pull or need to pump the gas, smooth power and easily upgraded for more power without having to spend a lot of money and time to do so. others will find the truck more interesting because they don't feel they need a shower and launder the clothes after standing close. I know, we are truck guys and that may not bother us. others-not so much. even older folks that have driven fuel injection for the last 20 years have basically forgotten how to start a carbed engine.

driven only periodically to the car shows or the good guys coffee shop outings-try to go with something that is original or at least looks more period correct. personally I would stay away from the big blocks simply due to fuel costs and everyone's mindset on ecological viewpoints and global warming these days. it will be a hard sell when the time comes.

small block chevy is common, easy to find parts and upgrades for etc but look anywhere and you will find the LS engines are the new small block. if you decide to change to something that isn't stock then why not go with a modern power plant. like said on other threads, why go with upgrading/replacing something that is obsolete to something that is new to you but already "old" in the big scheme of things. check out the car shows and what guys are doing on the tv car programs. mostly LS engines. guys are taking small blocks out and replacing them with LS engines. soon they will be taking the LS out and installing an electric power plant.
ok, that was 5 cents. haha
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote