Thread: 51 Farm Truck
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 08:57 AM   #47
Hey Dude

Re: 51 Farm Truck

Those are the OEM wheels from the 89 S10. My intent is to get smoothies with the baby moons when the budget allows.

We have been enjoying driving it this fall. Now that winter is here I have parked it in storage until spring. We'll save our pennies so we can finish it off next spring/summer.

One of the things I'm most proud of is that I was able to build this truck while staying under our $3,500 budget, so far. The single biggest expense was the rebuilt transmission at $1650. I spent roughly $800 at Rock Auto for steering, suspension, seat cover and misc engine tuning parts. Roughly $600 at LMC Truck for cab sheet metal and weatherstrips. And roughly $450 at the local Auto Value for paint/primer & welding supplies. Everything else was good old fashioned elbow grease and farmer-engineering. Of course I already had both trucks so that would have been an added expense.

It took me 24 weeks to get to get to the last photo posted.

I still have work to do next year. I don't have any bed-wood in the box yet. I still need a right-side runningboard (nobody makes one), I want to find tail lights that match the ones bolted on top of the front fenders. And I need to insulate the floor and put carpet in the cab. Then when the budget allows I'll get a Vintage Air unit.
Hey Dude is offline   Reply With Quote