View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 03:05 PM   #813
mr48chev

Re: Post your C/L finds for everyone to enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintovka View Post
Just a heads up Cops say 6 speed 5.9 Cummins trucks are very popular with thieves for just chassis. Friend had his stolen and it disappeared.
Any newer "tow rig" truck I buy will have to have an automatic in it. My flatbed has a 454 and 4 speed and that is a real pain on a boat ramp with a 25 ft boat. Plus that truck needs a home where it gets to work more and not sit for weeks at a time. With the 10 ft flatbed and hoist I just don't drive it to town to be driving it to town.

I'd say that any rig with a popular engine combo for swaps or that is popular for chassis swaps including S-10 trucks especially get stolen way too often.

I'm waiting for someone to come on here or on one of the FB AD truck groups saying that they got arrested and had their truck impounded because the frame under it showed up as coming from a stolen truck. That's why I stress that if you do a frame swap with any frame make sure that you have real documentation that you legally own that frame.

For a while the big theft item here was new Ford Diesel pickups but primarily when they were the plain model that was all white. They didn't bother the fancy ones with the flashy paint and deluxe interior but took the plain white work truck beside it. The thought was that they were either being taken out of the country or taken to the oil fields where they looked like 50% of the other trucks there.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote