Thread: Gas Prices?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 03:16 PM   #240
dieseldawg142

Re: Gas Prices?

gas last week was $1.46 a liter ($5.52 a gal)
then we had a massive flood after a foot of rain in 30 hrs, plus a bunch of snow melted off the surrounding mountains. ALL roads leading to our town were literally destroyed and food and gas ran out. our town was out of gas for 3 days, but i found one a-hole on the outskirts that had a bit of fuel left, and the money grubber was selling it for $1.65 a liter ($6.24 a gal)
now go times $6.24 by the 40 gals in my crewcab......then i burned up half of it helping e-vac my buddy and his family. i got lucky, i'm right at the edge of the flood, him not so, his farm ended up 6-8 feet under water after the dike broke.
we got him out as the valley was flooding. emergency personel weren't letting anyone into the flood, but they let me as they thought my truck might make it.
i personally hope that this a-hole taking advantage of a disaster goes out of business after things go back to normal
the guvment has put the southern half of BC on fuel rations, 8 gals a day till about dec 1 or 2. only good thing they did was force what little gas gets thru is mandate that it be sold at pre-flood prices...