View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 04:46 PM   #7
HO455
Post Whore

Re: I’m full of questions.. do you have any answers?

This is a photo of my lowered S10. Two inch drop spindles & two inch drop springs with stock control arms. This combination only has about 1 1/2" of suspension travel before hitting the bump stops. I used Belltech components which have performed excellently. There has been very little spring droop since installation.
I have put over 100k miles on the truck since installed and there some short comings to be mentioned. Speed bumps and such have to be crossed below 10 mph to prevent bottoming out hard. Bump stops and idler arms only last about 20k to 25k miles. Pitman arms about 35k. Bump steer isn't horrible but, it is noticeable. If I was too drop another S10 I would look harder at aftermarket control arms in hope of gaining more suspension travel. With more travel there would be less harshness in the ride, bump stops would last longer and possibly the steering links would last longer but, that is only conjecture on my part as to why they are failing in the first place.

I hope this may help with your decision.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote