View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 07:37 PM   #9
joedoh

Re: I’m full of questions.. do you have any answers?

the guys who buy my trucks arent looking for something to need a dedicated space in the garage. they buy the because they can leave them unlocked in the parking lot and its still there when they get back, they can haul a load of mulch in air conditioned comfort or a load of pavers and drive home on the highway at 75. their wives can drive them without chewing their nails about scratches or door dings or needing a list of instructions on how to start them. their kids can drive them to school. they can leave them outside in the rain and snow and it only adds to the character of the original paint. they drive like a modern truck because they are.

I think the guys chasing the restomod dollars on barrett jackson have a place, and their buyers have unlimited garage spots for toys. but there is another group of people who want to buy something that will do a dedicated 12k miles a year full time, without needing to order special replacement parts, everything is on the shelf at the local parts house.

not everyone wants to sit on a truck for 10 (or more) years to chase barrett dollars. and while they are building and worrying about chips and scratches, I am cruising a new truck to the hangouts twice a year.

build what you like! no one will build it for you. dont judge my actions with your intentions though...

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote