View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 06:43 AM   #319
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: My Dusty 71 GMCe Electruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Man, props to you for puttin' out all the info. I wound up reading both threads. This is fascinating. Not fascinating enough for me to leave the LS world, but really neat all the same. I will be watching closely! I don't hate the electrics, but If I can't jump in, gas up at the QT, and run 85-90 all the way to Dallas ripping burnouts at every intersection, I can't cosign on that deal. Please, though, continue, I gotta see this!
Hey man (I assume), thanks for that and I went Carb => LS => Electric myself, so I totally feel you

One thing I want to address is something that you said, because this is a standard anti electric car argument: long distance trips

I assume you live in Independence Missouri (correct me if I'm wrong) and you are talking about the 8 1/2 hour drive to Dallas, Texas (again I am guessing I had to Google Map it, ha ha)

so I gotta ask how often do you do that drive? not being rude, I just speak from experience, it's exactly like my drive from Sacramento, California to Los Angeles

and folks assume that when you go electric you just automatically sell all your other vehicles (or THEY [Men in Black] come and take them all away, ha ha) or you must do everything in your electric car, I don't know why that is hence this rant

I know when we had our '97 Tahoe a perfectly good SUV in working order, any time I ran to LA I would borrow my moms Honda Civic, sometimes cause I knew it got better gas mileage, other times cause she was retired and never drove it, so she begged me to stretch it's legs a little bit from time to time

the point is, you can have other cars and use them accordingly, you wouldn't take a Miata to go get dirt, rocks, or bark for your landscaping

and how often do you go to Dallas, be honest, you don't have to post it here I am just sayin' cause we went down to LA like once every 3 years, we could have flown there, we could have used a rental car, etc

and the other point is that it used to be that most "Americans" only drove 40 miles a day, now it's down to only 25 miles per day, so there's that

anyway not trying to argue I am just making an effort to share what I have observed over the last decade or so, people's behaviors views of electric vehicles are changing but it will take time
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote